Wednesday 16 September 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge

Hello there crafty Peeps!
Here is the inspirational photo
 
To create my card, I took the shape and colours from the inspirational picture & firstly draw a shape that I had in mind on Paper Artsey watercolour paper - I then used an embossing pen to go over the (erased) lines before then heat embossing with Hero Arts white embossing powder.  Then, using my Paper Smooches stamps  'Feline Friends' I took the single fish stamp out & using Versmark, I stamped the fish inside each little triangle shape - and heat embossed using Hero Arts same embossing powder.  I had in mind to create a little stone ledge for one  of the cat stamps to sit on so I created this using the same single fish stamp!  Next came the cat - it was stamped using MFT's Orange Fizz Hybrid ink, and fussy cut out.  I put the cat aside so as I could work on my background. I wanted to use distress inks, so using the colours in the inspirational picture , I picked out Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagoon Salty Ocean Spiced marmalade & mustard seed colours. A whole lot of deliciousmess! I firstly concentrated on my pyramid of triangle area - using mainly the blues & green distress colours - I had in mind to make it like a huge fish (triangular!)pond - with an island in the middle (and a very ambitious cat that could jump to the centre of the pond to sit right smack bang in the middle!) So, I gave that area a wash of water and then dropped in colours of distress ink - I let them splosh about mixing themselves up to give a water effect water coloured pond! I heat set it before starting on the outer background - for this, I chose the distress colours; mowed lawn mustard seed, spiced marmalade & Salty Ocean.  Once that was complete I then decided the cat needed a fishing rod! Ideas were popping through my head trying to work out the easiest quickest was of creating one, and whilst I was focusing on the cat stamped image, I noticed that it's tail was kinda like a rod shape! LOL so, that was that, my rod was created out of a cats tail! So once that was complete I stamped another single fish out and added it to the bottom of the 'rod'!  All that was left was for me to adhere it all together and to create a sentiment which I did do, using the sentiment from the same stamp set.  I stamped it onto black card with Versamark Ink, heat embossed it with Hero Arts white embossing powder and then draw (carefully) around the fish stamp (which was positioned over the sentiment) and then cut out as best as I could (sometimes these chubby fingers of mine don't play nice).  I popped the sentiment up on to some sticky foam dots and positioned it on to the bottom of my card!

And here it is!  
 
Wish you could see it in real life the colours are much more vibrant!
So that's my card for the Paper Smooches Picture Perfect Challenge! I had fun creating it!

I would like to enter this card in to the following challenges:
Paper Smooches SPARKS ~ Picture Perfect Challenge

Until next time
 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment